Citations on Google Scholar.
- “Brain-controlled modulation of spinal circuits improves recovery from spinal cord injury” under review
- E Martin Moraud, J von Zitzewitz, J Miehlbradt, S Wurth, E Formento, J DiGiovanna, M Capogrosso, G Courtine and S Micera. “Closed-loop control of trunk posture improves locomotion through the regulation of leg proprioceptive feedback after spinal cord injury” in press
- JW Lau, E Lehnert, A Sethi, R Malhotra, G Kaushik, Z Onder, N Groves-Kirkby, A Mihajlovic, J DiGiovanna, M Srdic, D Bajcic, J Radenkovic, V Mladenovic, D Krstanovic, V Arsenijevic, D Klisic, M Mitrovic, I Bogicevic, D Kural and B Davis-Dusenbery; for The Seven Bridges CGC Team, “The Cancer Genomics Cloud: Collaborative, Reproducible, and Democratized—A New Paradigm in Large-Scale Computational Research” Cancer Res; 77(21); e3–6
- J DiGiovanna, N Dominici, L Friedli, J Rigosa, S Duis, J Kreider, J Beauparlant, R van den Brand, M Schieppati, S Micera and G Courtine. “Engagement of the Rat Hindlimb Motor Cortex across Natural Locomotor Behaviors”, Journal of Neuroscience 36 (40), 10440-10455 2016
- TAK Nguyen, J DiGiovanna, S Cavuscens, M Ranieri, N Guinand, R van de Berg, J Carpaneto, H Kingma , JP Guyot, S Micera, AP Fornos. “Characterization of pulse amplitude and pulse rate modulation for a human vestibular implant during acute electrical stimulation“, Journal of neural engineering 13 (4), 046023 2 2016
- EM Moraud, M Capogrosso, E Formento, N Wenger, J DiGiovanna, G Courtine, and S Micera. “Mechanisms underlying the neuromodulation of spinal circuits for correcting gait and balance deficits after spinal cord injury” Neuron , Volume 89 , Issue 4 , 814 – 828, 2016
- N Wenger, E Martin Moraud, J Gandar, P Musienko, M Capogrosso, L Baud, CG Le Goff, Q Barraud, N Pavlova, N Dominici, IR Minev, L Asboth, A Hirsch, S Duis, J Kreider, A Mortera, O Haverbeck, S Kraus, F Schmitz, J DiGiovanna, R van den Brand, J Bloch, P Detemple, SP Lacour, E Bézard, S Micera, and G Courtine. “Spatiotemporal neuromodulation therapies engaging muscle synergies improve motor control after spinal cord injury“. Nature medicine. 2016;22(2):138-145. doi:10.1038/nm.4025.
- J DiGiovanna, TAK Nguyen, N Guinand, A Pérez-Fornos, S Micera “Neural network model of vestibular nuclei reaction to onset of vestibular prosthetic stimulation” Frontiers in bioengineering and biotechnology 2016 4:34
- J Rigosa, A Panarese, N Dominici, L Friedli, R van den Brand, J Carpaneto, J DiGiovanna, G Courtine, and S Micera, “Decoding bipedal locomotion from the rat sensorimotor cortex” , Journal of Neural Engineering, vol 12, issue 056014, 2015
- N. Wenger, E. Martin-Moraud, S. Raspopovic, M. Bonizzato, J. DiGiovanna, P. Musienko, S. Micera, G. Courtine, “Closed-loop neuromodulation of spinal sensorimotor circuits restores refined locomotion after complete spinal cord injury” , Science Translational Medicine, vol. 6, issue 255, 2014
- T. A. K. Nguyen, M. Ranieri, J. DiGiovanna, O. Peter, V. Genovese, A. Perez Fornos, et al., “A Real-Time Research Platform to Study Vestibular Implants With Gyroscopic Inputs in Vestibular Deficient Subjects,” IEEE BioCAS , vol. 8, pp. 474-484, Aug 2014 2014
- W. Poppendieck, A. Sossalla, M.-O. Krob, C. Welsch, T. A. K. Nguyen, W. Gong, J. DiGiovanna, S Micera, DM Merfeld, and K-P Hoffmann, “Development, manufacturing and application of double-sided flexible implantable microelectrodes,” Biomedical Microdevices , pp. 1-14, 2014.
- D. Borton, M. Bonizzato, J. Beauparlant-Heutschi, J. DiGiovanna , E. M. Moraud, N. Wenger, P. Musienko, I. R. Minev, S. P. Lacour, S. Micera, J. del R. Millán, and G. Courtine, “Corticospinal neuroprostheses to restore locomotion after spinal cord injury” Journal of Neuroscience Research , 2013
- G. Courtine, S. Micera, J. DiGiovanna , and J. del R. Millan, “Brain-machine interface: one step closer to therapeutic reality?” Lancet (comment) , December 17, 2012
- R van den Brand*, J Heutschi*, Q Barraud, J DiGiovanna, K Bartholdi, M Huerlimann, L Friedli, I Vollenweider, E Martin Moraud, S Duis, N Dominici, S Micera, P Musienko, G Courtine “Restoring Voluntary Control of Locomotion after Paralyzing Spinal Cord Injury”. Science , vol 336, pp. 1182-1185, 2012
- J. DiGiovanna, J. Carpanteto, S. Micera, and D. M. Merfeld, “Alignment of angular velocity sensors for a vestibular prosthesis”. Journal of NeuroEngineering & Rehabilitation , 9:14, 2012
- J. DiGiovanna, W. Gong, C. Haburcakova, V. Koegler, J. Carpaneto, V. Genovese, D. M. Merfeld, A. Demosthenous, J. P. Guyot, K-P. Hoffmann, A. Berthoz, M. Morari, and S. Micera, “Development of a closed-loop neural prosthesis for vestibular disorders” . J Automatic Control v. 20, p. 27-32, 2010
- J. DiGiovanna, P. Rattanatamrong, M. Zhao, B. Mahmoudi, L. Hermer, R. Figueiredo, J. C. Principe, J. Fortes, and J. C. Sanchez, “Cyber-workstation for computational neuroscience,” Frontiers in Neuroengineering, 2010
- J. C. Sanchez, B. Mahmoudi, J.DiGiovanna, and J. C. Principe, “Exploiting Co-Adaptation for the Design of Symbiotic Neuroprosthetic Assistants,” Neural Networks, vol. 22, pp.305-315, 2009.
- J. DiGiovanna, B.Mahmoudi, J. Fortes, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez, “Co-adaptive Brain-Machine Interface via Reinforcement Learning,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, pp. 54-64, 2009.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- J. Lee, J. DiGiovanna, L. Friedli, G. Courtine, and S. Micera, “Multi-Unit Firing Rate Features in Hindlimb Sensory-Motor Cortex Reflect Over-Ground Locomotion in Rats” IEEE EMBC Conf on Neural Eng, San Diego 2013
- E. Martin Moraud, N. Wenger, J. Gandar, J. DiGiovanna, P. Musienko, G. Courtine, and S. Micera, “A Real-Time Platform for Studying the Modulatory Capacity of Epidural Stimulation after Spinal Cord Injury” IEEE EMBC Conf on Neural Eng, San Diego 2013
- T. A. K. Nguyen, W. Gong, W. Poppendieck, J. DiGiovanna, and S. Micera, “Investigating Ocular Movements and Vestibular Evoked Potentials for a Vestibular Neuroprosthesis: Response to Pulse Trains and Baseline Stimulation” IEEE EMBC Conf on Neural Eng, San Diego 2013
- T. A. K. Nguyen, J. DiGiovanna, D. M. Merfeld, and S. Micera, “Comparing Artifact Reduction Methods for Recording Vestibular Evoked Potentials in a Vestibular Neuroprosthesis,” (submitted) IEEE EMBC Conference, San Diego 2012
- K-P. Hoffmann, W. Poppendieck, S. Tätzner, J. DiGiovanna, M. I. Kos, N. Guinand, J-P. Guyot, and S. Micera, “3D Hybrid Electrode Structure as Implantable Interface for a Vestibular Neural Prosthesis in Humans,” IEEE EMBC Conference, Boston 2011.
- T. A. K. Nguyen, V. Kögler, J. DiGiovanna and S. Micera, ““Finding Physiological Responses in Vestibular Evoked Potentials,” IEEE EMBC Conference, Boston 2011
- V. Kögler, T. A. K. Nguyen, J. DiGiovanna, and S. Micera, “ “Recording Vestibular Evoked Potentials Induced by Electrical Stimulation of the Horizontal Semicircular Canal in Guinea Pig,” IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, Cancun 2011.
- P. Rattanatamrong, P. Raiturkar, M. Zhao, B. Mahmoudi, J. DiGiovanna , J. Principe, R. Figueiredo, J. C. Sanchez, J. Fortes, “Model Development, Testing and Experimentation in a CyberWorkstation for Brain-Machine Interface Research,” in IEEE EMBC, Buenos Aires, Argentina 2010.
- J. DiGiovanna, B. Mahmoudi, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez,”Quantifying Neuronal Important in Value-Based Brain-Machine Interfaces,” in IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, Antalya, Turkey, 2009.
- J. DiGiovanna, L. Citi, K. Yoshida, J. Carpaneto, J. C. Principe, J. C. Sanchez, and S. Micera, “Inferring the Stability of LIFE through Brain-Machine Interfaces,” in International Conference of the IEEE EMBS Vancouver, 2008.
- M. Zhao, P. Rattanatamrong, J. DiGiovanna, B. Mahmoudi, R. Figueiredo, J. C. Sanchez, J. C. Principe, and J. Fortes, “ BMI Cyberworkstation: Enabling Dynamic Data-Driven Brain-Machine Interface Research Through Cyberinfrastructure,” in IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Vancouver, 2008.
- B. Mahmoudi, J. DiGiovanna, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez, “Neural Tuning in a
Reinforcement Learning-Based Brain Machine Interface,” in IEEE EMBC Vancouver, 2008.
- B. Mahmoudi, J. DiGiovanna, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez, “Co-Adaptive Brain-Machine Interfaces via Reinforcement Learning,” in Neural Interfaces Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, 2008.
- B. Mahmoudi, J. DiGiovanna, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez, “ Co-Adaptive Learning in Brain-Machine Interfaces,” in Brain Inspired Cognitive Systems, Sao Luis, Brazil, 2008.
- J. DiGiovanna, B. Mahmoudi, J. Mitzelfelt, J. C. Sanchez, and J. C. Principe, “ Brain-Mchine Interface Control via Reinforcement Learning,” in IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering Kohala Coast, 2007.
- B. Mahmoudi, J. DiGiovanna, J. C. Principe, and J. C. Sanchez, “Neuronal Shaping in a Co-Adaptive Brain Machine Interface,” in COSYNE, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2007.
- J. DiGiovanna, L. Marchal, P. Rattanatamrong, M. Zhao, S. Darmanjian, B. Mahmoudi, J.Sanchez, J. Principe, L. Hermer-Vazquez, R. Figueiredo, and J. Fortes, “Towards Real-Time Distributed Signal Modeling for Brain Machine Interfaces,” in International Conference on Computational Science, 2007.
- J. DiGiovanna, J. C. Sanchez, and J. C. Principe, “Improved Linear BMI Systems via Population Averaging,” in International Conference of the IEEE EMBS, New York, 2006.
- J. DiGiovanna, J. Sanchez, B. Fregly, and J. Principe, “Arm Motion Reconstruction via Feature Clustering in Joint Angle Space,” in IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks Vancouver, 2006.
J. DiGiovanna, Changing the Brain Machine Interface Paradigm: Co-adaptation based on Reinforcement Learning, Ph. D. Dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL [abstract only due to publishing agreements]
Disclaimer: The documents distributed here have been provided as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a noncommercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder. (Notice borrowed from Peter Dayan).